UPDATE: As of 1000am on 8/5/2020, the OC 911 Center is back in full service.
Hurricane Isaias has come and gone leaving destruction along it’s path for our area. Many residents are out of power due to power lines down. Trees have uprooted or broken and fallen on homes and vehicles. We responded to over 20 incidents and luckily nobody was injured. We want to remind everyone to watch for these hazards:
- Orange County 911 is experiencing phone and communication outages. If you have an emergency, texting 911 will still work.
- If driving, watch for downed power lines and trees. If a power line falls on your vehicle, do not exit! Call for help and await instructions from responders.
- Homeowners with generators should hook into electric by qualified electricians. If done wrong you may energize lines outside your home and do harm or cause fatal consequences.
- When running generators, make sure they are away from your home. Exhaust fumes will cause Carbon Monoxide buildup and poisoning.
- If you come upon flooding conditions in the roadway, don’t drive thru it! Doing so may strand you in your vehicle or cause major damage. Moving water may take you away. Use alternate routes.
Thank you for your support and understanding. Your cooperation when dealing with natural disasters is appreciated by all first responders.